Retail Assistant Manager
Competitive salary, commission, accommodation and meals on board, plus more
Would you like to be a part of a retail management team responsible for leading a team of retail sales associates and product specialists?
If you are outgoing, have a proven retail sales and management background, and thrive on delivering excellent customer service… we would like to hear from you!
Harding+ is leading the way in innovative onboard cruise retailing, working closely with our cruise line partners and brand partners to ‘make every cruise better’. We stay at the cutting edge of retailing and consistently provide outstanding customer service, culminating in winning the Cruise Retailer of the Year award for 2022.
What you will be doing:
- Living and working on a cruise ship (you could be anywhere in the world!)
- Creating an exceptional and memorable retail experience for guests on board
- Leading and inspiring the team to provide exceptional customer service, whilst delivering sales and profit targets
- Setting an example for your team by acting as a role model
- Help identify training requirements within your team
- Take ownership of your client base including outreach to clients for events such as private sale, in-store events and product knowledge
- Consistently deliver the highest possible standards both on the shop floor and in back office operations
Who you are:
- Proven experience as an Assistant Retail Manager or Team Leader (ideally with experience at sea)
- Motivated in leading a team to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Excellent face to face customer service and sales ability, utilising strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability in public speaking and showcasing luxury items
- Adaptable to change and able to work in a high-pressure environment
- A strong team player who is commercially driven and goal orientated
- Competent in store and HR processes including sales reports, loss prevention, audits, appraisals etc
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
What you will receive:
- Competitive salary and generous commission structure
- Accommodation and meals on board
- Necessary visas and seafaring documents to work at sea
- Dedicated in-house bespoke training across sales, product and brand
- Guidance, support and development from the onboard Retail Manager and central office team
- Contract role, working and living at sea for up to 6 months at a time, with a 1-2 month break at home between contracts
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply now…
Your adventure starts here!